On to the soup!
Chicken Tortellini Soup2 Tbsp. Butter
1 medium Onion, diced
4 Carrots, diced
2 Celery Stalks, diced
8 Mushrooms, diced
1 cup chopped Kale
3 cloves Garlic
1 large Chicken Breast, cubed
4 cups Chicken Broth
2 cups Water
1 pkg. frozen Cheese Tortellini
1/2 cup Flour
1 cup Milk
Salt & Pepper
1. In a large soup pot, on medium high heat, sauté onion, carrot, celery, and mushroom in butter, until slightly softened.
2. Add in kale and garlic and sauté one minute more.
3. Season mixture with a sprinkle of salt and pepper
3. Push veggies to the sides of the pot, and add chicken to the middle. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken on all sides, until it is golden brown.
4. Add broth and water to the pot and mix all together. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Add frozen tortellini to the pot. Increase the heat back to a boil, stirring the soup to keep the tortellini from sticking. Boil for five minutes.
6. In a separate bowl, make a slurry with the flour and milk (slowly add the milk to the flour while mixing to prevent clumps). Add a dash of salt and pepper to the slurry.
7. Pour the flour/milk slurry into the soup pot while stirring. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Prep/cook time: About an hour.
Serves: 5-8 people, depending on how many times you go back for seconds.